- The primary target audience for this excursion is experienced cyclists.
- A mountain bike is recommended, and electric bicycles are not allowed.
- We do not recommend completing the route with a gravel bike.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old at the time of the start.
- Participants can start as individuals or in pairs (each pair has one GPS tracker).
- The route will be provided in GPX format.
- The route will not be marked.
- Navigation on the route will rely on your GPS devices or mobile phones using the GPX file we will send.
Movement on the route
- Every CMR participant must complete the route under their own power without external assistance.
- This rule applies to all aspects of CMR, including sleeping and eating. Support among participants is allowed.
- If a participant leaves the route for accommodation, meals, or other purposes, they are obligated to return to the original point where they left the route and continue following it. The entire route must be completed according to the provided GPX file.
- Participants are required to respect nature conservation regulations, private property, and traffic laws. Participants are aware that CMR is not an official cycling race, so they must abide by all nature conservation regulations, private property rules, and traffic laws. Violation of these rules is the individual’s responsibility.
- The journey is conducted in regular road traffic.
- The time limit for completing the route is set at 480 hours.
- Registration and sign-up are done through the attached form, which can be found on the main website.
- The participant fee is 280€, which includes the rental of a GPS tracker, refreshments at the start and finish, a finisher t-shirt, participant souvenir, refreshment and accommodation at the checkpoint.
- The participant fee must be paid upon receipt of an email request after registration.
- For cancellations before June 01, 2024, a 50% refund of the paid fee will be provided.
- In the event of cancellation after June 01, 2024, the cancellation fee is 100% of the paid fee. It is also not possible to transfer the fee to the next year’s event.
- The only mandatory equipment, besides the GPS TRACKER (provided by the organizer on the day of the start), is a CYCLING HELMET, which every participant must wear on their head while moving on the route.
- Recommended equipment includes: necessary cycling tools (pump, patch kit, spare tube, multitool, chain tool), a first aid kit, quality lighting, GPS navigation, a sleeping bag, and precautions for potential bear or dog encounters.
Leaving the route
- When a participant leaves the route for the purpose of accommodation, meals, or any other reason, they are required to return to the original location where they left the route and continue along the designated path.
- If a participant decides to withdraw from the event, they must properly inform the organizer about their decision to withdraw and return the GPS tracker provided by the organizer.
- On the route, there will be one checkpoint, and that is at the end of the Slovak Republic.
- Every participant must adhere to the event rules.
- The organizer does not guarantee transportation to or from the start and finish.
- Participants acknowledge that the organizer is responsible only for securing the start and finish of the event.
- The organizer is not responsible for, and does not provide any guarantee regarding, the condition of the route, hiking trails, their functionality, or specific conditions such as weather or mountain environments. If a participant uses public roads, thoroughfares, or other transportation surfaces during the event, they must adhere to traffic regulations. In the case of traversing protected natural areas, participants must comply with the regulations of the respective protected area.
- We recommend that every participant secures mountain insurance.
- Every participant must be at least 18 years old on the day of the start.
- Participants are aware that they cannot request financial compensation from the organizer or make any other claims in case of injury to health or property.
- Every participant starts at their own risk and responsibility, understanding that the event is without the support of the organizer.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the route and program.
- By registering for the event, participants consent to have their participation and performance during the event recorded in audiovisual format by the organizer or individuals authorized by the organizer. Participants also grant the organizer permission to use audiovisual recordings, photographs, or timing results created before, during, and after the CMR for the purpose of presentation, without any claim for compensation by the participant.
- As a data subject in accordance with Article 7(1) of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, I give my consent to the civic association Bike Adventures, o.z., Rázusová 16, 040 01 Košice, (hereinafter the “Controller”), ID: 5356828.